- Parks and Recreation
- Sports and Recreation
- Facilities and Fitness
- Eagle Bend Golf Course & Learning Center
- Lifelong Recreation
- Prairie Park Nature Center
- Recreation Facilities
- Parks and Shelters
- Programs and Events
- Department Info
The Board makes recommendations on all matters regarding the construction, reconstruction, and improvement of public parks and recreation facilities including the acquisition of land and major equipment and facilities. The Board works very closely with the Parks & Recreation Department to ensure that the citizens of Lawrence have recreational opportunities offered and the park system is available for various activities.
- LaRisa Chambers, Chair (785) 691-8915 (c) First Term Expires 12/16
- Sue Hack, Vice-Chair (785) 330-3999 (h) First Term Expires 12/19
- Joe Caldwell, (785) 749-9452 (w) Second Term Expires 12/16
- Andrew Clayton, , (785) 841-4910 (h) Second Term Expires 12/16
- Allen Humphrey, (785) 749-3298 (h) First Term Expires 12/19
Four year terms. Terms expire December 31 of corresponding year.
Meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month* at the LPRD Administrative Offices located in South Park, 1141 Massachusetts St.** For more information, please contact the Parks and Recreation Administrative Office at (785) 832-3450.
*Sometimes a meeting may be moved to accommodate schedules and/or additional meetings are scheduling during a month to discuss a specific item.
** On occasion a meeting may be moved from the Administrative Office to another location or may be schedule to tour parks and/or facilities.Location of meetings are always printed on the meeting agenda.
- April 12, 2016 (pdf)
- March 8, 2016 (pdf)
- February 9, 2016 (pdf)
- January 12, 2016 (pdf)
Minutes listed correspond with the meeting in which approval of the Board is sought for each set. For December meeting minutes, please see following year's meeting page.