- Parks and Recreation
- Sports and Recreation
- Facilities and Fitness
- Eagle Bend Golf Course & Learning Center
- Lifelong Recreation
- Prairie Park Nature Center
- Recreation Facilities
- Parks and Shelters
- Programs and Events
- Department Info
Classes and Programs
The Lawrence Parks and Recreation Department has many opportunities to get involved. LPRD offers a wide variety of activities, including:
- art; business/computers/personal finance; family/personal health and well being; dance; fitness; home and hobbies; language; martial arts; music; tennis; pet care; as well as a wide variety of programming for kids in art; dance; fitness; gymnastics; language; tennis; and other special interests.
- Special Events include: seasonal arts & crafts festivals; fun runs; fishing derbies; seasonal and holiday activities for kids and the summer playground program.
The Recreation Instruction Division offers more than 150 classes each season.
With highly diverse offerings, classes are available for infants through senior citizens. The division partners with many different agencies and businesses in the community to bring more resources and expertise to the classes and activities offered.
The Recreation Instruction Division continues to add programs and activities to provide variety and new experiences to the Lawrence community. You can contact Jo Ellis, recreation instruction supervisor, at (785) 330-7355.
- Dance Classes (Adult)
- Fitness Classes (Adult)
- Cheerleading/Tumbling Classes (Youth)
- Gymnastics Classes at Sports Pavilion Lawrence (Youth)
- Gymnastics Classes at East Lawrence Recreation Center (Youth)
- Kids' Corner
- Martial Arts Classes (Youth and Adult)
- Winter Tennis 2016 Flyer (Youth and Adult)
- Tennis Classes at Holcom Park Recreation (Youth and Adult)
- Tennis Classes at Jayhawk Tennis (Youth and Adult)
- Tennis Classes at Rock Chalk Park (Youth and Adult)
- Special Interest Classes (Youth and Adult)