- Parks and Recreation
- Sports and Recreation
- Facilities and Fitness
- Eagle Bend Golf Course & Learning Center
- Lifelong Recreation
- Prairie Park Nature Center
- Recreation Facilities
- Parks and Shelters
- Programs and Events
- Department Info
901 West 5th St.
Adjacent to Pinckney School, this 3-acre park was part of the original town plat in 1854. The only part of a large ravine that once stretched toward the river into West Lawrence still resides in Clinton Park The ravine began being filled in 1913. In 1938, the city council approved a project not to exceed $140,000 that would include construction of several "oven," a shelter house, two toilets, and a retaining wall. The fine retaining wall exists today.
This project, completed by January of 1940, was accomplished with National Youth Administration labor and included Pinckney neighbors.
DESCRIPTION OF PARK
The amenities of the park include:
- Basketball Court
- Playground Area
There is one shelter located in Clinton Park.
The amenities of the shelter include:
- Barbecue Grill
- Tables and Benches
Reservations for outdoor shelters and indoor facilities are taken at any of the
community recreation centers including the Community Building, 115 West 11th St.;
East Lawrence Recreation Center, 1245 East 15th St.; Holcom Park Recreation Center,
2700 West 27th St.; Lawrence Indoor Aquatic Center,
4706 Overland Drive and South Park Recreation Center, 1141 Massachusetts St.
See our shelter rentals page for more information on renting these facilities or call (785) 832-7920.