Oread Neighborhood Design Guidelines
The Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Office along with Urban Development Services is in the process of developing overlay districts and design guidelines for 5 areas within the Oread neighborhood. These were recommended as one of the initiatives of the Oread Neighborhood Plan which was adopted in 2010. Design guidelines can be a tool to save property owners time and money when making changes to their property and help to retain or improve property values while preserving neighborhood character and foster development that is compatible with the scale and physical character of the original buildings in the area.
Sign up to receive email updates for this process by checking Oread Neighborhood Design Guidelines Update under the Public Meetings heading. Questions or comments should be directed to the Planning Office at 785-832-3150.
- March 2016 Planning Commission/Historic Resources Commission Draft Edition (PDF, 26MB)
- December 2015 Draft Oread Design Guidelines (PDF, 8MB)
- Draft Addendum A: Parking Diagrams (PDF, 1MB)
- February Joint Planning Commission/Historic Resources Presentation (PDF, 14MB)
- Approved Oread Neighborhood Plan
- Proposed Overlay District Map (Map 4-2 from Oread Neighborhood Plan)
- Community Input Activity Summary from April 13th Meeting