Earth Day Celebration
14th Annual Earth Day Parade & Celebration,
featuring the Water Festival
Saturday, April 19, 2014
Weather Permitting, No Rain Date
The Lawrence Earth Day Celebration works every year to educate residents, businesses and surrounding communities regarding the importance of responsible environmental policies, raise awareness of each individual’s impact on the natural environment, and highlight actions each person can take to make Lawrence and Douglas County a more sustainable and eco-friendly place to live.
PARADE FOR THE EARTH
Saturday, April 19, 11:00 a.m.
The Parade for the Earth is hosted by KU Environs, and will go from Buford Watson Park to South Park along Massachusetts Street. Staging for the parade begins at 10 am.
Click the link to view the Parade Participation Guidelines for the event.
For more information, please send an email to LawrenceEarthParade@gmail.com.
CELEBRATION IN SOUTH PARK
Saturday, April 19, 11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
South Park at 11th & Massachusetts Street
The celebration in the park features live music, food, vendors and children’s activities. Attendees are invited to learn from exhibits about waste reduction, recycling, composting, alternative fuels and vehicles, energy conservation, land preservation, wildlife and habitat preservation, and more.
April Showers to Water Towers: a Water Festival for Douglas County will also be held offering interactive, educational activities emphasizing the importance of clean water to families, the community and environment.
The Lawrence Transit System will offer free rides on the T all day Saturday, April 19, providing the experience and benefits of public transportation on all fixed routes. To get help planning a route or for more information, call (785) 864-4644 or visit www.lawrencetransit.org to view schedules and try the Google Trip Planner.
- Jayhawk Audubon Society
- Kangen Health Solutions
- Kansas Area Watershed Council
- Kansas Geological Survey
- Kaw Valley Seeds Project
- KC Energy Pro
- KU Student Farm
- Lawrence Coalition for Peace and Justice
- Lawrence Douglas County Bicycle Advisory Committee
- Lawrence Habitat for Humanity ReStore
- Lawrence OnBoard
- Lawrence Transit System
- Metropolitan Energy Center - Clean Cities
- Mia Rosado Jewelz
- Nerium International
- One World Center
- Oread Friends Meeting
- Pinnacle Career Institute
- Rolling Prairie Farmer's Alliance/Chestnut Charlie
- SGI-KU Youth for Peace Culture and Education
- Sierra Club, Wakarusa Group
- Solar Cooking International
- Soul Beautiful
- Ten Thousand Villages
- Thermal King Windows
- Trinity Episcopal's Environmental Stewardship Team
- Up A Creek
- University of Kansas Natural History Museum
- U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
- Wentz Alternative Energy Company
- 12th & Haskell Recycle Center
- Alenco Inc
- Astro Repurposing
- Audio-Reader Network
- Black Jack Battlefield and Nature Park
- Blue Skies Energy Assistance
- C. Michael Exteriors
- Cans for the Community
- Central Plains Center for BioAssessment
- Citizens Climate Lobby
- City of Lawrence Parks & Recreation Department
- City of Lawrence Stormwater Division
- City of Lawrence Waste Reduction and Recycling Division
- Community Village Lawrence
- Creative Lighting
- Debra Newman Art
- Douglas County Child Abuse Prevention Task Force
- Douglas County Conservation District
- Douglas County Democrats
- Eco-Logic Dry Cleaners
- Engineers Without Borders – KU
- Engineers Without Borders - Sunflower State Professionals
- Falun Dafa/Falun Gong
- First Presbyterian Church Eco-Team
- Four Legged People Treats
- Friends of the Kaw
- Good Energy Solutions
- Grasslands Heritage Foundation
- Happy Face Painting
- Healthy Sprouts, Farm to Preschool Program
- Industrial Workers of the World
Click the link to view the Exhibitor Participation Guidelines for the event.
- AIR Summer Snow
- Kettle Corn Peddlers
- Sugar Bell's
Click the link to view the Food Vendor Guidelines for the event.
For more information, please call (785) 832-3030 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.