Municipal Services & Operations provides 24/7 phone support for all inquires, emergencies, and administrative needs (except billing questions) at 785-832-7800. For billing questions, customers should call 785-832-7878.
To provide an adequate supply of clean, safe drinking water and properly return this precious resource back to the environment so that its life-sustaining properties can be used for generations to come.
The Utilities Division is responsible for the following:
- Treating and distributing the City’s drinking water.
- Maintaining adequate water supply for fire protection.
- Collecting and treating the City’s wastewater.
- Assuring compliance with all Federal, State, and local regulations regarding water and wastewater facility operations.
- Ensuring optimum operation of the water distribution and sanitary sewer collection systems.
Establish, Transfer, or Disconnect Water Service or Questions about Your Utility Bill
To establish, transfer, or disconnect your water service or questions about your utility bill, contact the Utility Billing division at 785-832-7878 or submit an online service request.
In Lawrence, we take water quality very seriously and proactively take measures to ensure your water is safe. Learn more facts about lead in drinking water.