Energy Conservation Fair
Sustainable Homes Tour Poster 2012 (PDF, 1.16 MB)
The 12th Annual Lawrence Energy Conservation Fair and Sustainable Homes Tour was held on Saturday, September 22, 2012 at Holcom Park Recreation Center at 2700 W. 27th Street, from 10 am to 4 pm. 2012 Event Summary and Photos (PDF 327K).
Hosted by the City of Lawrence Waste Reduction and Recycling Division, the Lawrence Energy Conservation Fair provided an opportunity for energy efficiency and conservation organizations to reach the Lawrence market in a trade show setting. This event attracted more than 800 attendees who enjoyed learning from a variety of exhibitors including builders, architects, insulation experts, heating and cooling contractors, government agencies, non-profits and alternative fuel vehicle representatives.
Congratulations to Gary Jones, who won an Energy Star refrigerator donated by The Home Depot.
- A+ Insulation
- Black Hills Energy
- Briggs Nissan of Lawrence
- Cans for the Community
- Citizens Climate Lobby
- City of Lawrence Maintenance Garage
- City of Lawrence Planning & Development Services
- City of Lawrence Solid Waste Division
- City of Lawrence Waste Reduction and Recycling Division
- Cromwell Solar
- Crown Toyota Scion Volkswagen
- Electrify Heartland
- Good Energy Solutions
- Green Globe Energy Improvements
- Green Wish Kansas
- Ground Source, Inc.
- HRES - Heartland Renewable Energy Society
- Home Depot
- Hughes Consulting Engineering PA
- J. Stephen Lane Architect
- JB Insulation LLC
- Kansas Interfaith Power & Light
- Kansas Soybean Commission
- Konza Solar LLC and Pinwheel Farm
- KU Biodiesel Initiative
- Laird Noller Automotive
- Lawrence Habitat for Humanity
- Leavenworth Jefferson Electric Cooperative
- Mid America Electric Auto Association
- Pinnacle Career Institute
- Scott Temperature
- Sunlite Science & Technology, Inc.
- US EPA Energy Star Program
- Westar Energy
Lawrence Sustainable Homes Tour
The Lawrence Sustainable Homes Tour occurred on Saturday, September 22nd in conjunction with the Lawrence Energy Conservation Fair. The Lawrence Sustainable Homes Tour was part of the American Solar Energy Society's (ASES) 17th Annual National Solar Tour which showcases homes and buildings using solar energy, energy efficiency, and other sustainable technologies to reduce their monthly utility bills and help tackle climate change. To visit the event page at ASES click here.