City offices will be closed on Monday, Feb. 19 in observance of the President’s Day.
SOLID WASTE: Residential trash, recycling, and yard waste collection will not be affected by the holiday closure. Commercial solid waste collection routes for Monday will be collected on schedule.
PARKING: Parking meters in downtown Lawrence will be free on Monday, Feb. 19.
TRANSIT: The Lawrence Transit System T and T Lift buses will operate regular schedules on Monday, Feb. 19.
EMS: Emergency services (fire, police, EMS) will not be impacted. If you have a medical, fire or police emergency please call 9-1-1. Law Enforcement and Fire Medical administrative offices will be closed.
PARKS AND RECREATION: Lawrence Parks and Recreation Department announces President Day hours.
The following are the recreation center hours for Monday, Feb. 19:
- Sports Pavilion Lawrence, 100 Rock Chalk Lane, 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Community Building, 115 W. 11th St., 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- East Lawrence Center, 1245 E. 15th St., 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Holcom Park Recreation Center, 2700 W. 27th St., 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Eagle Bend Golf Course, accepting tee times (Weather Permitting)
- Carl Knox Natatorium, Lawrence High School Campus, 6:15 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Lawrence Indoor Aquatic Center, lap swimming 5:15 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Zero Depth and Children’s Areas 4 to 8 p.m.
- Waterslide and Diving Area 6 to 7:45 p.m.
All aquatic, special populations, lifelong recreation and recreation classes will be held as scheduled. Adult and youth sport leagues will be held as scheduled. Toddler Open Gym at the Community Building will not be held on the holiday.
The Parks and Recreation Administrative Office and division offices will all be closed for the holiday.
Prairie Park Nature Center is also closed every Monday and will not be open on the holiday.