Monday, June 18, 2018
6:30pm to 8:30pm
Douglas County Courthouse
1100 Massachusetts St.
Lawrence, KS 66044
- Action Item: Administrative Items
- Determine quorum of members, agenda approval
- Approval of May meeting minutes
- 2018 Membership changes – Open agricultural producer spot
- Staff bylaw update: Proxy membership
- Leave of Absence Request – Jason Champagne
- Diversity survey
- Budget overview
- Discussion Item: Public Input
- Discussion Item: Reports from Harvesting Opportunity in Kansas: A Symposium on Building Community Wealth through Food and Farming.
- Discussion Item: 2018 Food System Plan, Full Council Policy Priorities
- Review past work and discuss future steps from May meeting
|Goal 4, Objective 2 (Expand City- and County-led initiatives to make food more affordable)||4.2.1: Reduce and eliminate the sales tax on groceries
|Goal 1, Objective 3 (Increase local food purchasing)||1.3.1: Invest in signage, shared infrastructure, and coordinated marketing to support Douglas County farmers markets
- Discussion Item: Working Groups
- FPC Member Updates
For questions, contact Jasmin Moore, Lawrence-Douglas County Sustainability Director: firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-331-9813.