City offices will be closed on Monday, January 21 in observance of the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday.
Residential trash, recycling, and yard waste collection will not be affected by the holiday closure. Commercial solid waste collection routes for Monday will be collected on schedule.
Parking meters in downtown Lawrence will be free on Monday, Jan. 21.
The Lawrence Transit System T and T Lift buses will operate regular schedules on Monday, Jan. 21. Routes 1-10, 15, and 11B will be operating.
Emergency services (fire, police, EMS) will not be impacted. If you have a medical, fire or police emergency please call 9-1-1. Law Enforcement and Fire Medical administrative offices will be closed.
Parks and Recreation
The following are the recreation facilities hours for Monday, Jan. 21:
- Holcom Park Recreation Center, 2700 W. 27th St. – 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Community Building, 115 W. 11th St. – 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- East Lawrence Recreation Center, 1245 E. 15th St. – 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Sports Pavilion Lawrence, 100 Rock Chalk Lane – 5:30 a.m.- 9 p.m.
- Prairie Park Nature Center, 2730 Harper St., will be closed, as scheduled.
The Indoor Aquatic Center, 4706 Overland Drive, will maintain regular hours:
- Lap Swimming – 5:15 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Warm Water Workout – noon-1 p.m. in the leisure pool
- Zero Depth and Children’s Area – 1 – 8 p.m.
- Diving Boards and Water Slide – 1 – 7:45 p.m.
The aquatic center will also hold its annual Amnesty Day on Monday, Jan. 21. Those who have expired swim tickets or punch cards may use them for entry throughout the day.
The Aquatic Division offices will be closed for the day, but all classes will be held as scheduled.
Eagle Bend Golf Course and Learning Center, 1250 E. 902 Road, will be in operation, weather permitting.
Toddler Open Gym will not be held at the Community Building on the holiday. It will resume 10:30-11:45 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 23.
Preschool Open Gymnastics will be held 9-10 a.m. and 10:15-11:15 a.m. at Sports Pavilion Lawrence on the holiday.
All recreational and lifelong recreational classes will be held as scheduled. Youth Sports Hoopsters league will not hold practices at school facilities, but games for the evening will be held as scheduled. Youth indoor soccer and youth volleyball will hold coach-scheduled practices. Adult Sports leagues and special population’s Acting 100 will be held as scheduled at the various recreation centers. The department’s cemeteries office and administrative office in South Park will be closed for the day.