The Food Policy Council meets next Monday, June 17 at 6:30 PM at Haskell Indian Nations University, 155 Indian Avenue, Lawrence, KS 66046.
The agenda is below and linked here for your reference.
Questions? Contact Jasmin Moore, Sustainability Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
*6:00pm Pre-meeting Presentation and Meal: The Council will meet at 6:00 pm at the Haskell Cafeteria for a meal and pre-meeting presentation. Learn more about Haskell Indian Nations University’s Food Recovery Effort, which was recognized earlier this year by the Environmental Protection Agency.
Food For Thought for Today’s Meeting:
“I raise up my voice — not so I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard… We cannot succeed when half of us are held back.” – Malala Yousafzai, Activist for Female Education and Nobel Prize Laureate.
The business meeting will start at 6:30 pm in the Rose Room
- Action Item: Administrative Items
- Determine quorum of members, agenda approval
- Approval of May meeting minutes
- Member vacancies
- Letter of Support: Lawrence Farmers Market applying for a USDA Farmers Market Promotion Program grant to fund select recommended actions of the SCALE Report for Douglas County Farmers Markets.
- Working Group partnership with Sustainability Advisory Board subcommittees.
- Budget overview and requests
- Fall Community Food Policy Forum ($7,399 – total, FPC $3,018; KAW $4,381)
- Public Comment
- Staff Report
- Presentation and Discussion: Community Health Plan and Health Equity Report (Sarah Hartsig and Sonia Jordan)
- Discussion Item: Working Groups discuss their Food System Plan goals and health equity
- Report out: KC Food Policy Coalition luncheon (Sarah Hartsig)
- Future Agenda Items
- FPC Social and 2-year Food System Plan Celebration (July)
- Kansas Leadership Center exercise (August)
- Key Takeaways Review
- Member Updates
- Pendleton’s Country Market and tornado damage
**Next Meeting: Monday July 15, 2019 at Fields & Ivy (new brewery) 23rd St. and Haskell at 6:30pm