The health and safety of the Lawrence community is our top priority. Conditions are changing rapidly, and we want to assure you that city officials are closely monitoring the latest information about coronavirus (COVID-19).
Following social distancing recommendations made by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we are encouraging all members of the Lawrence community to follow added safety precautions for City buildings and services.
We strongly encourage people to make payments and submit forms either online or via email, mail or phone, whenever possible — as opposed to visiting City buildings in person. City Hall and City Hall Riverfront remain open to the public, but this may be re-evaluated as the community health situation continues to develop.
Services available to our community include:
We recognize the financial hardship that might be created by coronavirus (COVID-19). Beginning immediately, the City of Lawrence is suspending utility shutoff for water service for non-pay — and waiving all late fees — until further notice. Residential customers should continue paying their bills and understand that they will ultimately be responsible for utility services accrued during this moratorium. For questions, contact the Utility Billing office by calling (785) 832-7878.
- Pay your bill through the online utility billing platform (https://link-infinity.lawrenceks.org) or by calling (877) 506-3115.
- Payments can be mailed to:
PO Box 1757
Lawrence, KS 66044
- Payments can be dropped off at one of two drop box locations:
- East of City Hall, where New Hampshire St. curves into 6th St.
- In the foyer of the east entrance of City Hall (open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday)
City Commission Meeting
At this time, the City Commission meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 17, will continue with a consent agenda and executive session only. This week’s agenda is available online, here. We strongly encourage anyone interested in the meeting to follow the live stream on our website (lawrenceks.org/live), so we can avoid a large gathering.
- Recorded video (https://lawks.us/1JezmdW) and audio (https://lawks.us/34l9Qmm) are available following the meeting.
- Public comment can be submitted electronically by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We have extended the deadline to receive electronic correspondence to 4 p.m. on Tuesday, March 17. Comments will be posted with the agenda materials. Comments received after the deadline will be printed and given to the City Commission at the meeting.
City Clerk’s Office
For questions, please call the main number at (785) 832-3200.
- Scan printed forms and submit them via email to: email@example.com.
- Applications, documents and checks can be mailed to:
6 E 6th Street
ATTN: City Clerk’s Office
Lawrence, KS 66044
- Visit the City Clerk’s web page for online payment options:
Municipal Services & Operations
As a preventative measure, the City asks that residents place all trash inside your container(s) to prevent the solid waste loaders from possible contact with contaminated materials. If you need to purchase an additional cart or switch to a larger trash cart, please fill out this form.
- Payments for roll-off containers can be made online at: https://ipn.paymentus.com/rotp/lwsn.
- Sign up for roll-off containers by emailing a completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Download the form, here.
- All additional forms from the Municipal Services & Operations department can be found at: lawrenceks.org/mso/forms. Please call our customer service team if you need assistance in filling anything out: (785) 832-7800.
- The Household Hazardous Waste Facility is offering call-ahead service only, in an effort to limit person-to-person contact. Call (785) 832-3036 to make an appointment. The reuse storefront is temporarily closed, and there will be no public access to the building.
Parks and Recreation
Indoor Parks and Recreation facilities are currently closed through Sunday, March 29. The administrative office remains open, but all community members are encouraged to go online for assistance, when possible: lawrenceks.org/lprd. Questions can be sent via email to email@example.com, or you can call (785) 832-3450.
Planning and Development Services
The main phone number for Planning and Development Services is (785) 832-7700. Residents can also visit our website for a list of email and phone contacts: lawrenceks.org/pds/contacts.
- Applications may be found on our website (lawrenceks.org/pds) and submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Inspections can still be scheduled by calling (785) 832-7700, emailing email@example.com or utilizing our citizen access web portal at citizenaccess.lawrenceks.org/citizenaccess.
For additional information on COVID-19 and the latest guidelines from Lawrence-Douglas County Public Health, visit their website: LDCHealth.org/Coronavirus. The City of Lawrence is sharing coronavirus-related City news on the City website: lawrenceks.org/coronavirus.