On Monday, March 23, Douglas County agencies — including Lawrence-Douglas County Public Health, LMH Health, Douglas County Government and the City of Lawrence — hosted a news briefing announcing the implementation of a Unified Command system and their response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Agency representatives also answered media questions during the briefing.
A recording of the briefing is available online: https://youtu.be/S2TiyW-HYwc
The briefing began at 3 p.m. Monday, March 23. To promote the ideals of social distancing, and to prevent a large gathering in our community, the briefing was conducted via Zoom meeting.
Those who spoke during the briefing include:
- Dan Partridge, director, Lawrence-Douglas County Public Health
- Russ Johnson, president & chief executive officer, LMH Health
- Patrick Kelly, chair of the Douglas County Commission
- Sarah Plinsky, county administrator, Douglas County Government
- Mayor Jennifer Ananda, City of Lawrence
- Craig Owens, city manager, City of Lawrence
For the latest information about our community’s response to COVID-19, please refer to the Douglas County Coronavirus Response Hub website:
Contact: Porter Arneill, Director of Communications and Creative Resources, City of Lawrence | firstname.lastname@example.org | (785) 832-3402