City offices will be closed on Monday, Feb. 15, in observance of Presidents Day.
SOLID WASTE (UPDATED FEBRUARY 16): Residential trash will be collected as scheduled with no changes due to the holiday. Due to the extreme cold, recycling collection will be delayed by one day this week with Monday routes completed on Tuesday, Tuesday on Wednesday, Wednesday on Thursday, Thursday on Friday, and Friday on Saturday. Yard waste collection and bulk item collection is suspended the week of Feb. 15-19 due to extreme cold. Commercial solid waste collection routes for Monday, Feb. 15, will be collected on schedule.
PARKING: Parking meters, lots and garages in downtown Lawrence will be free on Monday, Feb. 15.
TRANSIT: The Lawrence Transit System T and T Lift buses will operate regular schedules on Monday, Feb. 15.
EMS: Emergency services (fire, police, EMS) will not be impacted. If you have a medical, fire or police emergency please call 9-1-1. Law Enforcement and Fire Medical administrative offices will be closed.
PARKS AND RECREATION: The Parks and Recreation Administrative Office and cemeteries office in South Park will be closed on Monday, Feb. 15, for the holiday. Recreation center hours are as follows:
- Sports Pavilion Lawrence, 100 Rock Chalk Lane, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. | 4 – 8 p.m. (registration from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Community Building, 115 W. 11th St., 10:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- East Lawrence Recreation Center, 1245 E. 15th St., 9 a.m. – Noon | 5 – 8 p.m.
- Holcom Park Recreation Center, 2700 W. 27th St., Noon – 7 p.m.
- Eagle Bend Golf Course, 1250 E. 902 Rd., accepting tee times (weather permitting)
- Indoor Aquatic Center, 4706 Overland Drive
- Lap swimming from 6:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Warm Water Workout from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Zero Depth and Children’s Area – Closed
- Waterslide and Diving Area – Closed
- Prairie Park Nature Center, 2730 Harper St., is closed every Monday and will not be open on the holiday.
All aquatic, lifelong recreation and recreation classes will be held as scheduled. Youth sport leagues will be held as scheduled. There are no adult sports league scheduled on the holiday.