30th Annual Outdoor Downtown Sculpture Exhibition (ODSE) – 2018
The Lawrence Cultural Arts Commission’s Outdoor Downtown Sculpture Exhibition has a proud tradition. The exhibition was founded by Jim Patti and is sponsored by the Lawrence Cultural Arts Commission, which receives financial and staff support from the City of Lawrence. Works are displayed in downtown Lawrence, along Massachusetts Street, at Theatre Lawrence, and in adjacent areas – 2018 Brochure/Map. In addition to being a popular annual exhibition for locals and visitors, artists gain hands-on experience developing and installing artworks in the public realm.
This year’s exhibition is also included in a national smartphone app called Otocast which allows people to learn more about the artists and their work.
30th Annual Outdoor Downtown Sculpture Exhibition (ODSE) 2018 – Juror and Artists:
- Juror: Ann Holliday, Director of Arts Initiatives & Art in the Loop Program Director for the
Downtown Council of Kansas City, Missouri
- Nick Willett, Springfield, MO, Clathrus (Theatre Lawrence)
- Kristin Garnant, Comanche, IA, Hydraulic Jump 1 (9th and Mass)
- Will Vannerson, Kansas City, MO, Borbor 9 (Watson Park)
- Craig Gray, Key West, FL, Slices of Heaven, (Library Plaza)
- Jacob Burmood, Louisburg, KS, Whirligig (6th and Mass)
- John Rasmussen, Lawrence, KS, Seed Transformation (between 8th and 9th on New Hampshire)
- Nathan Pierce, Cape Girardeau, MO Better Days (11th and New Hampshire)
- Richard Renner, Lawrence, KS, Living Topiary (Perfomance)