The Lawrence Cultural Arts Commission’s Outdoor Downtown Sculpture Exhibition has a proud tradition. The exhibition was founded by Jim Patti and is sponsored by the Lawrence Cultural Arts Commission, which receives financial and staff support from the City of Lawrence. Works are displayed in downtown Lawrence, along Massachusetts Street, at Theatre Lawrence, and in adjacent areas – PDF Map. In addition to being a popular annual exhibition for locals and visitors, artists gain hands-on experience developing and installing artworks in the public realm. Enjoy!
29th Annual Outdoor Downtown Sculpture Exhibition (ODSE) 2017
Opening Reception and Walking Tour: Friday, June 23 starting at 5:30 P.M. The opening reception and walking tour will begin at Buford Watson Park near 7th and Kentucky. The tour and reception are open to the public.
2017 Juror and Artists:
- Juror: Grace Peterson, Arts Services Coordinator, City of Salina Arts & Humanities
- Alicia Kelly, Lawrence, KS, The Collection, (Library Garage)
- Pat Slimmer, Lawrence, KS, Reach for the Sun, (Carnegie Building)
- John Rasmussen, Lawrence, KS, Golden Rain (11th and New Hampshire)
- Jacob Burmood, Louisburg, KS, Depth of Form (Library Plaza)
- Tyler Peck, Lawrence, KS, Ygg No.00 (Buford Watson Park)
- Kate Dinneen, Lawrence, KS, rrrrip! (Near the Eldridge Hotel)
- Jacob Burmood, Louisburg, KS, Billow (Theatre Lawrence)
- Will Vannerson, Kansas City, MO, Nutrition Sculpture (8th and Mass. mid-block)
The deadline for submitting was January 24, 2017. The submission form is no longer available.