The Lawrence Cultural Arts Commission’s Outdoor Downtown Sculpture Exhibition has a proud tradition. The exhibition was founded by Jim Patti and is sponsored by the Lawrence Cultural Arts Commission, which receives financial and staff support from the City of Lawrence. The exhibition also receives additional support from the Lawrence Convention and Visitors Bureau, and the Lawrence Arts Center. Works are displayed in downtown Lawrence, along Massachusetts Street and adjacent areas. Massachusetts Street was named in 2010 as a Top 10 Great Street in America by the American Planning Association.
29th Annual Outdoor Downtown Sculpture Exhibition (ODSE) 2017
Deadline: Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 4 P.M. CST
2016 artists artworks will remain up through spring 2017:
- John Rasmussen, Lawrence, KS – “Blue and Gold” (South Park, East Side/North Entry)
- Neil Goss, Lawrence, KS – “Medicinal Birch: Visual Consumption” (South Park, West Side)
- Samuel Balbuena, Lawrence, KS – “Concrete Tree“ (Eldridge Hotel – in planter)
- Kati Toivanen, Kansas City, MO – “Treasure Hunt” (Ten locations on Massachusetts Street)
- Dave Root, Prairie Village, KS – “Portage” (Mid-block 8th/9th and Mass, east side)
- Will Vannerson, Kansas City, MO – “Borborygmid 8” (Library Plaza)
- Darin and Shannon White, Lawrence, KS – “Sound Shapes” (9th and Mass, SE Corner)
- Kristin Garnant, Camanche, IA – “Dance Diagram” (Theatre Lawrence)
The deadline for submitting was January 24, 2017. The submission form is no longer available.