General Airport Information
The City of Lawrence has owned and operated the Lawrence Regional Airport (LWC) since its dedication at this location in October 1929. LWC is one of the oldest, continuously-operating airports at its original location in Kansas.
LWC is an FAA-designated regional airport located approximately three miles north of Downtown Lawrence on East US Highway 24/40. With a Class I Instrument Landing System, LWC is an outstanding all-weather airport for recreational and business aircraft operators.
LWC averages more than 100 daily flight operations of single-engine, twin-engine, business jets and helicopters. Hetrick Air Services, the Fixed-Base Operator, has been serving local and visiting aircraft since 1983 with a complete range of aviation services including fuel, repairs, flight instruction, aircraft rental and charter services.
- LWC is open 24/7 for aircraft operations
- Terminal is open daily, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Free parking
- Terminal open for pilots daily, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Pilot Weather and Flight Planning computer
- Vending machines
- Conference room available with reservation
- Furnished lobby with TV and free Wifi
Fixed-Base Operator Information
Hetrick Air Services has served the Lawrence Regional Airport since 1983 as the Fixed Base Operator under contract with the City of Lawrence. A complete listing of available services, hours of operation and additional aviation-related products and services are highlighted on the Hetrick Air Services website.
The City of Lawrence owns and manages three T-Hangar Buildings with units available for lease. Contact Airport Operations at 785-832-3467 or email@example.com for information on T-Hangar vacancies, or to place your name on the T-Hangar waiting list.
- Building A – 10 units with manual roller doors, concrete floor and asphalt entryway. City-provided padlock with key.
- Buildings B & C – 10 units each with electric bi-fold doors, entryway door with a key lock, concrete floor and concrete entryway. City-provided doorknob lock with key.
- All units include two electrical outlets and a City of Lawrence-approved LED ceiling light with a switch.
All units same size.
- Door Clearance: 41’2″ W x 12′ H
- Depth: 33’2″
- Wing Depth: 16’0”
- Tail Width: 20’3”
- Initial lease term is for one year (April 1 – March 31) with four additional and successive one-year optional terms
- Each option term is subject to a 3% rent increase
- Rent is due quarterly
- $500 security deposit
- Certificate of Insurance for premises liability with a limit of $1,000,000 for each occurrence showing the City of Lawrence as an additional insured
- See the lease template (PDF) for additional terms of the lease
|Year||Building A – Manual Roller Door (Quarterly Rate)||Buildings B&C – Electric Bi-Fold Door (Quarterly Rate)|
Airport Quick Links