These parking and court citation payment links will take you outside the Lawrence Municipal Court web site. Both parking and court citations are independent companies that charge a fee for their services. The court receives no part of that fee.
Questions or Problems? Call the Lawrence Municipal Court at (785) 832-6190, Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
The City of Lawrence Municipal Court offers the option to pay fines and costs online. Here's the current Fines and Bond Schedule (PDF).
If you do not see your citation listed or if you need assistance, please contact the Municipal Court at (785) 832-6190. To pay a meter citation, H.E.R.E. meter citation, Habitual Violator citation or other parking violation issued in the downtown area, please pay here: https://lawrenceparking.rmcpay.com/.
The following fines/fees cannot be paid online and must be paid with cash or check:
- diversion application fee
- expungement processing fee
- any case that has an active bench warrant
Have your citation available when making a payment
- Citation number or Case/Docket number
- Or, License Plate number (if parking)
- Date of Birth
- A valid MasterCard, Visa or Discover Card
- Cardholders name, address and phone number
- Fines for traffic infractions and parking violations must be paid on or before the appearance date indicated on your citation. If you are wishing to contest your ticket, or if you need additional time to pay your fine, you must appear in court on the date indicated. Failure to pay fines may result in a suspension of your driving privileges or a warrant for your arrest, depending on the charge.
- If you have been charged with any offense that carries a possibility of a jail sentence upon conviction, a fine amount will not be listed. You must appear in court on the date specified on your citation. If you have questions concerning the seriousness of the offense you have been charged with, you may contact the Municipal Court office at (785) 832-6190.
- Fines may be paid with cash, check or money order at the Municipal Court office, One Riverfront Plaza, Lawrence, Kansas. The office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday.
- Payments and correspondence may be mailed to the Lawrence Municipal Court, P.O. Box 1695, Lawrence, Kansas 66044. Please reference the ticket number, docket number or defendant's name, or include the citation with your payment. Please make checks payable to the City of Lawrence. There will be a $35.00 charge on all returned checks.
- Community Service Work is available to everyone. For every hour worked, $10 will be credited towards fines and fees, with the exception of court costs, restitution and any other state mandated fees. Contact the court office at 785-832-6190 for more information.
- If payment of reinstatement fees, fines and/or court costs would impose manifest hardship on you or your immediate family, you may submit a Motion to the Court for consideration, pursuant to K.S.A. 8-2110(e), as amended by SB 127. This is the Motion for Reduction of Fines (PDF)