Volunteer to serve on a City of Lawrence Board or Commission
Existing and upcoming vacancies on City of Lawrence Boards and Commissions
View the latest information on term expiration dates
Advisory Boards and Committees
Provides advice and recommendations to the City Commission on various community issues.
- Affordable Housing Advisory Board
- Aviation Advisory Board
- Bodywork Advisory Board
- Community Development Advisory Committee
- Community Police Review Board
- Homeless Issues Advisory Committee
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
- Public Incentives Review Committee
- Public Transit Advisory Committee
- Sales Tax Audit Committee
- Social Service Funding Advisory Board
- Sustainability Advisory Board
- Transient Guest Tax Grant Program Advisory Board
Technical Appeal Boards
Appeal boards for technical professions, zoning, and sign issues. Also reviews technical city codes and ordinances and makes recommendations to the City Commission for changes.
Develops policies and reviews projects for compliance with policies, city code, and city ordinances. Studies related issues, implements programs as assigned, and makes recommendations to the City Commission.
These Steering Committees represent Committees that have been established by the City Commission typically for a specified temporary period of time in order to provide guidance on a specific topic or issue.
Component Unit Governing Boards
These Governing Boards are Boards of agencies which are reported as component units on the City’s financial Statements.
Joint City/County Boards
These are boards which have been jointly created by the City and County. Both entities make appointments to these boards.
Boards with City Appointees
These are boards to which the City makes appointments.
- Bioscience and Technology Center Board of Directors
- Criminal Justice Coordinating Council
- Destination Management, Inc.
- Douglas County Community Corrections Advisory Board
- Douglas County Emergency Management-Local Emergency Planning Committee
- Economic Development Corporation
- Jayhawk Area Agency On Aging
- Lawrence-Douglas County Metropolitan Planning Organization Policy Board
- MPO Bicycle Advisory Committee
- MPO Technical Advisory Committee
- Peaslee Tech Board of Directors
- Regional Transit Advisory Committee
- Sister Cities Lawrence