Established by Code of the City of Lawrence, Kansas, Chapter V, 5-1.232 on July 1st, 2017, the purpose of the Electrical Code Board of Appeals is to:
- Function as an appeals board for those persons aggrieved by a decision concerning the National Electrical Code; and
- Provide technical expertise and guidance as a code committee recommending to the City Commission any changes necessary for the adoption of technical codes and ordinances.
The members of the Electrical Board shall be two (2) currently licensed electrical contractors, two (2) currently licensed master journeyman or residential electricians, one (1) member of the Lawrence Fire Prevention Division, and two (2) members of the public that work or reside within the City of Lawrence and have an interest in serving. These two (2) members shall not be electrical contractors, master, journeyman or residential electricians. The members of the Board shall serve for three (3) years unless resigned or removed under guidelines and bylaws the Board may adopt. The initial appointment, however, shall be staggered so that no more than two (2) members’ terms expire in the same year and the retiring members shall not be both contractors or both journey electricians.
For information about upcoming meetings or to obtain a copy of past meeting minutes, contact Adrian Jones.
- February 22, 2018: Agenda
- January 25, 2018: Agenda | Draft Minutes
- March 30, 2017: Agenda | Draft Minutes
- February 23, 2017: Agenda | Minutes
- Michael WesselJourneyman Electrician Representative - filling unexpired term
- 06/06/2017 to 03/31/2018
- Chris KingFire Dept. Representative - Third Term
- 02/21/2017 to 03/31/2019