The purpose of the Joint Economic Development Council (JEDC) is to provide general oversight and vision of the economic development efforts to attract and to retain jobs in Lawrence and Douglas County, Kansas. The duties of the JEDC shall include the approval of budget requests to the Chamber Board, the City Commission, and the County Commission. The JEDC shall also recommend economic development policies and initiatives to the Chamber Board, the City Commission, and the County Commission, as the JEDC determines appropriate.
The meetings of the JEDC shall be governed by the Kansas Open Meetings Act.
The Joint Economic Development Council was established by Joint City Ordinance No. 8719 and County Resolution No. 12-34 on August 28, 2012 by the City Commission and August 22, 2012 by the County Commission.
- LaVerne EppBioscience & Technology Business Center Appointee
- 11/30/-0001 to 11/30/-0001
- Vacant CaboniUniversity of Kansas Appointee
- Jason EdmondsChamber Chair
- 06/20/2017 to 06/20/2017
- Melinda HendersonCity At-Large Representative (second term)
- 12/01/2015 to 10/31/2018
- Rebekah GastonCounty At-Large Appointee
- 09/23/2015 to 10/31/2018