The Lawrence Cultural Arts Commission is the City’s advisory board on all matters related to Arts and Culture.
Here you can learn about our ongoing programs: Public Art, the annual Outdoor Downtown Sculpture Exhibition; the annual Phoenix Awards, which applaud Lawrencians making significant contributions to local arts and culture; and information on the Art Commission’s schedule of Community Arts Grant program. Lawrence is a community rich in talent and cultural resources, come in and take a look.
CDTF Final Report
Lawrence City Wide Cultural Plan – for more information on this, click here.
The Arts Commission is charged to forward recommendations to the City Commission regarding construction or renovation of public buildings, purchase of artwork for the City and sponsorship of local art activities. This Commission has been involved in the Percent for Art program and the Downtown Sculpture Exhibition. In addition, the Arts Commission presents a Community Enhancement and Cultural Exchange Award to recognize outstanding artistic efforts on the part of individuals and/or organizations in the community.
Terms: 3 year terms, expiring January 31 of corresponding year.
Meetings: Generally the 2nd Wednesday of each month, 7 p.m., various locations.
Porter Arneill, Director of Arts & Culture
Work Phone: (785) 832- 3402
- 09-13-17: Agenda
- 08-09-17: Agenda
- 07-12-17: Meeting Cancelled
- 06-21-17: Agenda
- 05-10-17: Agenda | Minutes
- 04-12-17: Agenda | Minutes
- 03-08-17: Agenda | Minutes
- 02-08-17: Agenda | Minutes
- 01-08-17 (Annual Retreat): Agenda | Minutes
- 12-14-16: Agenda | Minutes
- 11-09-16: Agenda | Minutes
- 09-14-16: Agenda | Minutes
- 08-10-16 – Meeting Cancelled
- 07-13-16: Agenda | Minutes
- 06-08-16: Agenda | Minutes
- 05-11-16: Agenda | Minutes
- 04-13-16: Agenda | Minutes
- 03-09-16: Agenda | Minutes
- 02-10-16: Agenda | Minutes
- The 01-13-16 regular LCAC meeting was cancelled due to the annual retreat on 01-10-16
- 1-10-16 (Annual Treat): Agenda | Minutes