Established by Code of the City of Lawrence, Kansas, Chapter V, 5-1.228 on July 1st, 2017, the purpose of the Plumbing Board Code of Appeals is to:
- Hear and decide appeals of orders decisions or determinations made by the building official relative to plumbing work and the installation of plumbing systems and equipment; and
- Provide technical expertise and guidance as a code committee recommending to the City Commission any changes necessary for the adoption of technical codes and ordinances.
The board of appeals shall consist of five members appointed by the chief appointing authority. The members of the Board shall serve for three (3) years unless sooner removed for cause. One (1) or more members’ term(s) shall expire each year. The Plumbing Code Board of Appeals shall be under the department having jurisdiction provided by law and unless otherwise provided for shall consist of five (5) members: two (2) qualified plumbing contractors; two (2) qualified licensed plumbers; one (1) member from the local gas utility; or one member from the public at large.
For information about upcoming meetings or to obtain a copy of past meeting minutes, contact Mark Mills.
- March – Agenda
- February – Meeting Canceled (Absence of a quorum)
- January – Meeting Canceled (Absence of a quorum)
- Vacancy .Master Plumber
- 05/01/2015 to 04/30/2018
- Doug DillonPlumbing Contractor (First term)
- 05/16/2017 to 04/30/2020