Established by Article 14 of Chapter 1 of the City Code, the Social Service Funding Advisory Board is responsible for reviewing requests and making recommendations to the City Commission on the use of Special Alcohol Funds and General Funds. The duties of the board shall be as follows:
- As part of the annual City budget, the board shall review requests and make recommendations to the City Commission on the use of the following City resources:
- Special Alcohol and Drug Abuse Funds, excluding the use of funds by City departments, using the criteria as outlined in Charter Ordinance No. 33
- Resources in the City’s General Operating Fund for social service agencies
- Recommend to the City Commission such reporting requirements on the use of the City Funds as the board determines appropriate.
- Evaluate the use of City Funds by recipients and report to the City Commission on such findings and determinations as the Board determines appropriate.