The Catalyst program is a special, temporary incentive program for new industrial projects meeting certain minimum criteria that locate within Lawrence, Kansas. Spec development or full build-out projects meeting Catalyst eligibility criteria (PDF) are automatically qualified for the basic assistance package. Project participation is granted directly through the City Commission for quick, streamlined approval processing.
Catalyst Business Park Assistance
For new industrial projects locating within the City on IG zoned property or within Lawrence VenturePark or East Hills Business Park, the Catalyst assistance package includes:
- 10-Year real property tax abatement: 50%; 70% if project built to LEED Silver equivalent (certification not required)
- IRB sales tax exemption on project construction materials
- City/County owned business park land provided at no cost for projects located in Lawrence Venture Park or East Hills Business Park
- State provided personal property tax exemption (machinery/equipment)
- City application fees and City IRB bond origination fees waived.
This temporary assistance program will sunset April 1, 2022.