City offices are closed on the following days/holidays:
- New Year’s Day (observed), January 1
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – 3rd Monday in January
- President’s Day – 3rd Monday in February
- Memorial Day – Last Monday in May
- Juneteenth – June 19
- Independence Day – July 4
- Labor Day – 1st Monday in September
- Thanksgiving – 4th Thursday in November
- Day after Thanksgiving – 4th Friday in November
- Christmas Day – December 25
To report a water or sewer emergency after business hours or during weekends and holidays, contact the Utilities Department at (785) 832-7800.
For information about trash, recycling, and yard waste schedules during the holidays, please visit the Solid Waste Schedule and Reminders.