Applications for city jobs are only accepted online. You must have an email address to submit an application and create a new applicant profile, however, you do not need to register as a user in order to view job postings. Applicants can create a user login and password to store profile application information. Applicants will also have the ability to update the profile application anytime prior to applying for open positions, but you must still apply for each position that is of interest as it opens. The online application offers applicants the opportunity to include a resume; however all of the relevant fields on the application must also be completed. If you attach your resume/cover letter but do not complete the application, your application may not be considered.
- The application system is not optimized for mobile devices.
- Pop up blockers should be turned off in your browser.
- If your Pop up blocker is on: Microsoft’s Internet Explorer: In your browser window, look on the “Tools” pull down menu to turn off the pop-up blocker and try again.Safari: Click on Safari in the toolbar, then click Preferences. In the Preferences window, click on Security and un-check the ‘Block Pop-up Windows’ checkbox.
- While entering information to your profile, save frequently.
- Free email addresses can be obtained through www.yahoo.com or www.gmail.com .
Vacancies are posted online as they become available. After reviewing job descriptions thoroughly, apply only if you feel reasonably certain you meet the requirements. Employment applications are accepted for current job openings only.
Interested in a job with the City of Lawrence? Watch this video to learn more about working for the city.
- If you do not have access to a computer at home to submit an online application, computer access is available at public libraries, the Lawrence Workforce Center or at City Hall’s Human Resources office, 2nd Floor, 6 East 6th Street, Lawrence, Kansas.
- The applicant tracking system does not work with mobile phones or with the Safari browser. You may complete your application at one of the above listed locations.
- Information provided from prospective applicants for city careers may be used to conduct background checks, reference checks or other activities related to the city’s normal hiring process. The city does not sell information about our applicants to any third parties.
- Our online application operates on a secure server to ensure your privacy.
- Because of the volume of applications received, not all applicants are granted an opportunity to interview. If you are selected to interview, city staff will contact you typically within two weeks after the advertised close date.
- There are certain age requirements for some seasonal positions.
The City of Lawrence is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.