Full-time, part-time, and seasonal temporary jobs currently available with the City.
Thursday, January 31, from 4-7 p.m.
Union Pacific Depot (402 N Second St.)
Applications for city jobs are only accepted online. You must have an email address to submit an application and create a new applicant profile, however, you do not need to register as a user in order to view job postings.
Applicants can create a user login and password to store profile application information. Applicants will also have the ability to update the profile application anytime prior to applying for open positions, but you must still apply for each position that is of interest as it opens. The online application offers applicants the opportunity to include a resume; however all of the relevant fields on the application must also be completed. If you attach your resume/cover letter but do not complete the application, your application may not be considered.
Vacancies are posted online as they become available. After reviewing job descriptions thoroughly, apply only if you feel reasonably certain you meet the requirements. Employment applications are accepted for current job openings only.
Interested in a job with the City of Lawrence? Watch this video to learn more about working for the city.
- If you do not have access to a computer at home to submit an online application, computer access is available at public libraries, the Lawrence Workforce Center or at City Hall’s Human Resources office, 2nd Floor, 6 East 6th Street, Lawrence, Kansas.
The applicant tracking system does not work with mobile phones or with the Safari browser. You may complete your application at one of the above listed locations.
- Information provided from prospective applicants for city careers may be used to conduct background checks, reference checks or other activities related to the city’s normal hiring process. The city does not sell information about our applicants to any third parties.
- Our online application operates on a secure server to ensure your privacy.
- Because of the volume of applications received, not all applicants are granted an opportunity to interview. If you are selected to interview, city staff will contact you typically within two weeks after the advertised close date.
- There are certain age requirements for some seasonal positions.
The City adopted an Affirmative Action Program for City personnel as Chapter X, Article 1, Section 10-112 and its subsections, of the City Code. It guides all personnel actions to ensure no employee is discriminated against because of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability. For specific questions relating to Affirmative Action that cannot be answered by supervisors, the Department Director or the Human Resources division, contact the City Attorney’s Office.