727 Kentucky St.
The Lawrence Outdoor Aquatic Center provides the good old-fashioned atmosphere of a traditional neighborhood pool with all the fun and excitement of a first-class water park.
After a major renovation in 1995, the Outdoor Aquatic Center now boosts two water slides, zero-depth children’s area, diving well, interactive play features including fountains, spray mushrooms, and water buckets, and a 50-meter competition area. The fun and convenience extend out of the water as well, with shaded lounge areas, ample deck space, adjoining grass playground, and a full-line café style concessions area.
The Outdoor Aquatic Center is also host to numerous aquatic camps and swimming lesson programs.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Starting Saturday, May 26
Daily: 1-6 p.m.
Daily: 1-8 p.m.
- Days with Special Hours:
- Wednesday, July 4: 1-6 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 19: 1-6 p.m.
- Monday-Friday, Aug. 20-24: 4-8 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 25: 1-8 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 26: 1-6 p.m.
- Monday-Friday, Aug. 27-31: 4-8 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 1: 1-8 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept 2: 1-6 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 3: 1-8 p.m.
Morning Lap Swim – Beginning June 4
Monday-Saturday: 10 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
- Days with Special Lap Swim Hours:
- Monday-Friday, Aug. 20-24: 7:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 25: 9 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- Monday-Friday, Aug. 27-31: 7:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 1: 9 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
The water areas at all aqauatic facilities clsoe 15-minutes before a facility closes. Waterslides and diving areas close 30-minutes before a facility closes. Some areas of the facility may be reserved for swimming instruction and/or fitness programming in both the competition and famil pool areas during the day. Admission is charged for everyone, including non-swimmers.
Morning lap swim is available to swim laps or wter walk before the pool is open for public general swim. The facility is not open for recreatoinal swimming or sunbathing until 1 p.m. daily. Regular admission is charged. A safety break occurs from 12:45-1 p.m. daily. All swimmers must exit the water and wait for the pool to open to the public. Lanes for lap swimming are also available 1-8 p.m. Monday through Friday during public swim hours. Availability of lanes will depend on swimming lessons and competitve practice.