200 North 7th Street
John Taylor Park was originally created in 1962 as Walnut Park. This six-acre park was renamed in 1978 through a contest by the North Lawrence Improvement Association.
John Taylor was a prominent neighborhood organizer in North Lawrence. Renaming Lyon Street Park was also considered during the contest period, but the City and the association decided to let the then Walnut Park be renamed.
DESCRIPTION OF PARK
Six acres of land, housing a number of features.
The amenities of the park include:
- Playground Equipment
More shelter information coming soon.
The amenities of the shelter include:
- Tables and or Benches
- Barbecue grill
- Benches and or picnic tables
- Drinking fountain
If you are looking to reserve an outdoor shelters and/or indoor facility, reservations are taken at any of the community recreation centers including the Community Building, 115 West 11th St.; East Lawrence Recreation Center, 1245 East 15th St.; Holcom Park Recreation Center, 2700 West 27th St.; Lawrence Indoor Aquatic Center, 4706 Overland Drive; or Sports Pavilion Lawrence, 100 Rock Chalk Lane. For questions or more information on Special Use Permits, please call the Administrative Office at (785) 832-3450 or email email@example.com. See our shelter rentals page for more information on renting these facilities or call (785) 832-7920.