500 Oklahoma St.
300 Kansas St.
201 Nebraska St.
In 1955, Dolph and Marie Simons gave the City two 1-acre plots of land near their home to provide park area. In the same year, George Lawrence donated an additional plot of land in the same neighborhood also to be designated as a park. Because of their close proximity to one another, the three park areas are referred to as Park Hills Parks. They were once known as Park Hills Park’s Number 1, 2 and 3.
DESCRIPTION OF PARK
Three park areas totaling five acres are located in this neighborhood. The largest area, entered from Utah Street, provides a multi-purpose court, play and picnic area. Two small areas on Nebraska and Dakota Streets at Vermont Street provide open area and some play equipment.
The amenities of the park include:
- Basketball Courts
- Playground Equipment
- Barbecue Grill
- Picnic Tables
- Open Space
Reservations for outdoor shelters and indoor facilities are taken at any of the community recreation centers including the Community Building, 115 West 11th St.; East Lawrence Recreation Center, 1245 East 15th St.; Holcom Park Recreation Center, 2700 West 27th St.; Lawrence Indoor Aquatic Center, 4706 Overland Drive and South Park Recreation Center, 1141 Massachusetts St.
See our shelter rentals page for more information on renting these facilities or call (785) 832-7920.