Shelter & Gazebo Rental
Shelters and Gazebos may be reserved from April 15 through October 30, weather permitting.
Any shelter/gazebo reservation requests must be received three (3) working days (M-F) prior to the date requested.
There are full-day and half-day rental fees for shelters, half-day and full-day rental fees for gazebos. Half-day rentals are scheduled from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. or 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Full-day rentals are scheduled from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
All full park rentals include shelters.
Special Use Permits
For larger events, a Special Use Permit needs to be submitted and approved prior to finalizing the reservation. All must be turned in at least two weeks in advance.
- Special Use Permits are required for reservations that:
- Have group sizes over 200 people
- Are open to the public
- Have admission fees
- Include items or services available for sale at a profit
- Where alcohol will be sold or served to the public
- That involve a tent larger than 10’ by 10’
- That include an inflatable play structure
- Where commercial film/professional videography or comparable photography will be held
- Special Use Permit requests must be submitted at least two weeks in advance and receive written approval.
- A Certificate of Insurance and deposit may be required.
- Public health orders and guidance pertaining to group sizes and compliance should be followed.
- Fill out a Special Use Permit and submit to email@example.com
There are also several indoor facilities available for year-round rental to accommodate reception, shower and party needs. Click here for facility rental information.
Reservations for outdoor shelters and indoor facilities can be done online or at any of the community recreation centers including the Community Building, 115 West 11th St.; Sports Pavilion Lawrence®, 100 Rock Chalk Lane; East Lawrence Recreation Center, 1245 East 15th St.; Holcom Park Recreation Center, 2700 West 27th St. and the Lawrence Indoor Aquatic Center, 4706 Overland Drive.
Special Use Permit
For larger events, a Special Use Permit needs to be submitted and approved prior to finalizing the reservation. Special Use Permit
For more information or to make a reservation, please contact the Parks and Recreation Administrative Office at (785) 832-3450.