The Library Lawn Skate Rink is located in the plaza area next to the Lawrence Public Library, 707 Vermont St., in between the library and public parking garage. The skate rink is made of a synthetic ice, which offers a smooth surface suitable for all skating activities. Synthetic ice has a similar surface to ice, and skaters of all ages and abilities will find the surface as a safe and enjoyable alternative to refrigerated ice. There is still a risk of injury from falls and collisions. Skate at your own risk. Know your ability and skate accordingly.
CLOSED FOR SEASON
Cost is $3 (includes Skate Rental) No personal skates allowed.
For questions or more information, (785) 727-3585.
RULES & CONDUCT
- Skates must be rented from Lawrence Parks and Recreation. No personal skates allowed.
- Skate attendants are provided for your safety. When skating, please listen for safety prompts.
- Skates must be worn on the skating surface at all times. No shoes or boots allowed on skating surface.
- When wearing skates outside the rink, please walk only on rubber surfaces.
- No skating or trespassing when the skate rink is closed.
- Return rental skates to the skate counter when finished.
- Children under 10 years-old must be accompanied by an adult.
- No one under 3 years-old is allowed on skating surface.
FOR YOUR SAFETY
- Do not carry children.
- Always skate with the flow of traffic
- Do not throw snow, ice or other objects
- Enter and exit rink through gates only
- No chain skating, jumping, pushing or racing
- Keep your hands free. Do not carry handbags, coat or other items
- Do not use a camera or cell phone while skating. Take photographs from outside the railing.
- Always carry skates by the top of the boot. Blades are very sharp and will cause injury.
Pets, weapons, glass, tobacco/vaping, food, beverages, fighting, reckless or rude behavior, profanity, drugs, alcohol, vandalism, toys or objects, strollers, trespassing, hockey sticks, hockey pucks.