View the interactive Downtown Parking Map »
Available Parking Areas
- Downtown Lawrence has free and metered public spaces.
- 15-minute meters are available in every block on the east and west side of Massachusetts for quick errands. 15-minute meters are clearly marked for this use.
- Short-term parking is along Massachusetts Street.
- Long-term parking is available in parking lots along perimeter streets in the Central Business District.
- Long-term parking spaces are intended for employee of downtown businesses and others with long-term parking needs.
- Free parking is available on the top floor of the New Hampshire Parking Garage (mid-block between 9th and 10th Street).
- Passes for 10-hour lots and downtown parking garages are $192 per calendar year.
- Pro-rated and quarterly passes also are available.
- Parking passes may be purchased at the Utility Billing window at City Hall (2nd floor, 6 E. 6th Street) or at Municipal Court, 1006 New Hampshire.
- Meter hours are 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
- On days that city offices are closed, parking meters do not need to be used.
- Violations are noted by a yellow envelope placed on the vehicle.
- Expired time violations are fined $5 if paid within 10 days.
- If cited, place $5 in the yellow envelope and deposit it in the nearest yellow box along Massachusetts Street or in the public parking lots.
- Parking fines increase to $20 after 10 days.
- Parking violations can be mailed to: City of Lawrence, Municipal Court, PO Box 1695, 1006 New Hampshire, Lawrence, KS 66044.
If a vehicle is parked illegally downtown (at an expired meter or in a two-hour lot) and has received five or more overtime parking violations within the past 30 days, the owner will receive an enhanced fine of $75. This ordinance is designed to deter habitual violators of downtown parking regulations.
- Handicapped accessible parking is available throughout Downtown Lawrence.
Contact UsParking Control Office
935 New Hampshire
Lawrence, KS 66044