Holiday Parking Downtown
There are over 1,170 free parking spaces in the downtown business district, as well as 442 $1 per day stalls in downtown parking garages.
A perfect opportunity to get your holiday shopping done, while also supporting local businesses. Unique and creative gift ideas that can only be found in downtown Lawrence.
Available Street Parking
- Downtown Lawrence has free and metered public spaces.
- 15-minute meters are available in every block on the east and west side of Massachusetts for quick errands. 15-minute meters are clearly marked for this use.
- Short-term parking is along Massachusetts Street.
- Long-term parking is available in parking lots along perimeter streets in Downtown Lawrence.
- Long-term parking spaces are intended for employees of downtown businesses and others with long-term parking needs.
- Downtown Parking Map
|5/10 Hour Meters||30 Minutes||60 Minutes||2.5 Hours|
|2 Hour Meters||6 Minutes||12 Minutes||30 Minutes|
|30 Minute Meters||6 Minutes||12 Minutes||30 Minutes|
|15 Minute Meters||3 Minutes||6 Minutes||15 Minutes|
To report a broken parking meter, please call (785) 832-7590 or email email@example.com. You will need the following information: meter number (white or red numbers), street, block, left or right hand meter, name and a telephone number where you can be reached.
- The New Hampshire Parking Garage is located at 927 New Hampshire Street. The top level is 10-hour free parking. Level 2 is 10-hour pass or $1.00 per day. Level 1 (street level from the New Hampshire street entrance) is two-hour free parking. The basement (street level from the 9th Street entrance) is 10-hour pass or two-hour free parking. Pay stations are located at each stairwell on Level 1.
- The Vermont Parking Garage is located at 727 Vermont Street. The top level is 10-hour free parking. Level 3 is 10-hour pass or $1.00 per day. Levels 1 and 2 are two-hour free parking. Red signs indicate two-hour free parking. Blue signs indicate 10-hour pass or $1.00 per day. Pay stations are located at each stairwell on Level 1.
- The Riverfront Parking Garage is located at 6th and New Hampshire Street. The upper level white painted spaces are two-hour free parking (green painted spaces are reserved for the Marriott Hotel, and vehicles will be towed.) The ramp is two-hour free parking or 10-hour pass. Lower level is 10-hour pass or $1.00 per day. Pay stations are located at each end of the lower level.
- Passes for 10-hour lots, 10-hour meters, and downtown parking garages are $192 per calendar year.
- Pro-rated and $50 quarterly passes also are available.
- Parking passes may be purchased at the Utility Billing window at City Hall (First floor, 6 E. 6th Street) or at Municipal Court, 1 Riverfront Plaza, Suite 310.
- Meters, parking lots, and garages are monitored from 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
- The Parking office, 935 New Hampshire Street, is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding city holidays.
- On holidays, parking meters do not need to be used.
- Violations are noted by a yellow envelope placed on the vehicle.
- Expired time violations are fined $5 if paid within 10 days.
- Parking fines increase to $20 after 10 days.
- If a vehicle is parked illegally downtown (at an expired meter or in a two-hour lot) and has received five or more overtime parking violations within the past 30 days, the owner will receive an enhanced fine of $75. This ordinance is designed to deter habitual violators of downtown parking regulations.
- Citations can be issued every two hours if there is no payment made and the vehicle remains beyond the time limit.
- Citations of $5.00 can only be paid with cash. Place payment in the yellow envelope and deposit it in the nearest yellow box along Massachusetts Street or in the public parking lots. View a map of yellow box locations.
- Any citation over $15.00 will have a court date. On this date, you can challenge or appeal your citation.
- Each Wednesday at 10:30 a.m., there is a parking docket. During this time, you can put your name on a list to have your citation reviewed by a city official.
- Any fine over $15.00 can be paid online.
- All parking fines can be paid in person at 1 Riverfront Plaza, Suite 310, or mailed to:
City of Lawrence Municipal Court
PO Box 1695
Lawrence, KS 66044
- Accessible parking is available throughout Downtown Lawrence.
- Operators of vehicles displaying authorized placards/tags are not required to pay meters.
Contact UsParking Control Office
935 New Hampshire Street
Lawrence, KS 66044