Tell us how we’re doing
Your opinion counts and customer feedback helps us serve you better. Please tell us how we’re doing by completing this short Customer Satisfaction Survey.
Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing
Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing means taking meaningful actions to address significant disparities in housing needs and access to opportunity, replacing segregated living patterns with truly integrated and balanced living patterns, transforming racially and ethnically concentrated areas of poverty into areas of opportunity, and fostering and maintaining compliance with civil rights and fair housing laws.
Find out more about the Assessment of Fair Housing and take a survey to share how fair housing issues in Lawrence impact you.
City Policies Supporting Urban Ag
The City of Lawrence has approved a series of policies to support urban agriculture, expanding the ability of residents to produce local, healthy food at home and creating opportunities to pursue commercial production.
Application Fees changed January 1, 2017
The fees for Planning & Development Services changed on January 1, 2017. See this packet for more information.
Header Support Amendment to the 2015 International Residential Code Effective April 18, 2017
Rental Licensing Program
Effective January 1, 2015, all rental properties in Lawrence are required to maintain a valid rental license in compliance with City Ordinance 8840. Find out information about our program online at our Rental Licensing and Inspection page.
We previously offered an online payment form for the city’s Rental Licensing Program; however, now that the city is transitioning to our new Rental Licensing and Inspection Program, the online payment feature has been removed since every rental now needs to complete a new application form with revised payment fees. You can still pay with a credit card after the new Rental License Application form has been submitted to our office. Contact us at (785) 832-3345 or e-mail us to discuss your specific fee schedule.
- East Lawrence Rezoning
- Horizon 2020 Update Process
- Oread Neighborhood Design Guidelines
- Planning Submittals
- Homeless Facilities Text Amendment
- Proposed County Zoning Regulations
- Continuous Improvement
- Draft Historic Resources Chapter to Horizon 2020
- Significant Changes to the Currently Adopted International Residential Code (PDF)
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- New Commercial & Multifamily Building Permit Plan Review Fees
- Rental Licensing & Inspection Program
- 2015 CAPER – DRAFT
- Notice of Public Hearing on April 27, 2017 for the 2017 Action Plan and 2018-2022 Assessment of Fair Housing
- 2017 Action Plan – DRAFT
- 2017 Investment Summary – DRAFT
- Environmental Health Hazards links
- Basic Accessibility Regulations for Residential Occupancies
- Limited English Proficiency Plan
- Housing Assistance Programs
- Contractor License Search
- Building Permit Interactive Map
- Residential Rental License Interactive Map
- Building Permit Reports
- Currently Adopted Construction Codes
- Building Code, Chapter 5
- Inspection Hotline
- Check Building Permits
- Licensed Contractor Search
- Report a Code Violation