Tell us how we’re doing
Your opinion counts and customer feedback helps us serve you better. Please tell us how we’re doing by completing this short Customer Satisfaction Survey.
The City of Lawrence has approved a series of policies to support urban agriculture, expanding the ability of residents to produce local, healthy food at home and creating opportunities to pursue commercial production.
Application Fees are changing January 1, 2017
The fees for Planning & Development Services are changing on January 1, 2017. See this packet for more information.
2015 Adopted Construction Codes Effective July 1, 2016
The 2015 editions of the International Building, Residential and Trade Codes have been adopted and will become effective July 1, 2016: Adopted Codes and Amendments
Rental Licensing Program
Effective January 1, 2015, all rental properties in Lawrence are required to maintain a valid rental license in compliance with City Ordinance 8840. Find out information about our program online at our Rental Licensing and Inspection page.
We previously offered an online payment form for the city’s Rental Licensing Program; however, now that the city is transitioning to our new Rental Licensing and Inspection Program, the online payment feature has been removed since every rental now needs to complete a new application form with revised payment fees. You can still pay with a credit card after the new Rental License Application form has been submitted to our office. Contact us at (785) 832-3345 or e-mail us to discuss your specific fee schedule.
- East Lawrence Rezoning
- Horizon 2020 Update Process
- Oread Neighborhood Design Guidelines
- Planning Submittals
- Homeless Facilities Text Amendment
- Proposed County Zoning Regulations
- Continuous Improvement
- Draft Historic Resources Chapter to Horizon 2020
- Significant Changes to the 2015 International Residential Codes Effective July 1, 2016 (PDF)
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- New Commercial & Multifamily Building Permit Plan Review Fees
- Rental Licensing & Inspection Program
- 2015 CAPER – DRAFT
- 2016 Action Plan – DRAFT
- 2016 Investment Summary – DRAFT
- 2017 CDBG Application packet
- 2017 HOME Application packet
- Environmental Health Hazards links
- Basic Accessibility Regulations for Residential Occupancies
- Limited English Proficiency Plan
- Housing Assistance Programs
- Contractor License Search
- Building Permit Interactive Map
- Residential Rental License Interactive Map
- Building Permit Reports
- Currently Adopted Construction Codes
- Building Code, Chapter 5
- Inspection Hotline
- Check Building Permits
- Licensed Contractor Search
- Report a Code Violation