The Qualifying Party for a contractor license must obtain at least eight (8) hours of related continuing education annually, which meet the City’s criteria for approval; licensed tradespersons must obtain at least six (6) hours of continuing trade education annually, which meet the City’s criteria for approval.
Recognized Continuing Education Programs:
- October 10, 2017 6-8pm – LHBA, CSST Training
- October 24, 2017 3-5 pm – LHBA, 2015 IRC HVAC Equipment Sizing
- October 30, 2017 – November 3, 2017 – Johnson County Contractor Licensing 2017 Fall Education Seminar
- November 7, 2017 6-8 pm – LHBA, Ground, Grounded, Grounding: What’s the Difference?
- November 10, 2017 – C&M Enterprises, Analysis of Changes Under the 2017 NEC
- November 21, 2017 3-5 pm – LHBA, Inspecting Metal Plate Connected Wood Trusses
- December 1, 2017 – LHBA Annual Lawrence Licensed Contractor’s Continuing Education Seminar: Registration Coming Soon – Save the Date!
City Approval of Continuing Education Programs
The City of Lawrence will approve continuing education programs meeting any of the following criteria:
- Classes provided by State of Kansas accredited post-secondary education institutions
- Classes provided by trades associations with proper accreditation
- Classes approved by the Johnson County Licensing Program
- Classes approved by the Kansas Mechanical Trades Review Board
- Classes approved by the Wichita Area Electrical Education Review Committee
- Classes approved by the Heart of America Chapter ICC