Information on this page relate to the city’s rules and regulations for floodplain development, stormwater management, and drainage system maintenance. You can also find information about retrofitting and floodproofing your home, business, or property, as well as how to select a contractor to perform the work.
- Permit Requirements and Substantial Improvements for Floodplain Development Projects
- Floodplain Regulations (PDF, 280 KB)
- Floodplain Development Permits
- Elevation Certificates
- Retrofitting and Floodproofing
Information provided by FEMA on how to retrofit and floodproof your home, business, or property. The Lawrence Public Library also maintains copies of some of this information in its reference section. You can also contact the Neighborhood Resources Department at (785) 832-7700 or on the web at www.lawrenceks.org/pds/.
- Stormwater Pollution Regulations (PDF, 812 KB)
- Drainage System Maintenance Design Criteria
The City has an administrative policy regarding design criteria and maintenance practices for the community’s stormwater collection and drainage system. Please contact Stormwater Engineering at (785) 832-3142 for more information or to answer any questions you might have.