New Information (updated February 13, 2009)
The City Commission is scheduled to consider the following memos at their April 21st regular meeting – See Item #3 on April 21st CC Agenda
The Planning Commission is scheduled to consider the following memos at their April 22nd regular meeting – See April 22nd PC Agenda
On August 12, 2008, the Lawrence City Commission remanded the proposed amendments to the Community Commission on Homelessness and the Planning Commission pursuant to the scheduled outlined in the August 8, 2008 staff memo. This schedule allowed for an open public comment period through August 27, 2008. The Community Commission on Homelessness held a public hearing to consider public comment, possible options to address public comment and staff recommendations on September 9, 2008. The Planning Commission considered the amendments on September 22, 2008. The City Commission considered the amendments on October 14, 2008.
Documents for February 24, 2009 City Commission Meeting
A public meeting has been scheduled in the City Commission chambers at City Hall for Wednesday, February 18, from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. to walk interested parties through the memos and to answer any questions about staff’s recommendations prior to the Commission’s consideration on the 24th.
- Overview of RLUIPA (Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act)
and Constitutional Challenge Information
- February 11, 2009 Memorandum to City Commission with updates
to Homeless Facilities Text Amendments
Documents for October 14, 2008 City Commission Meeting
- October 14, 2008 Memo to the City Commission summarizing the Planning Commission’s recommendation to approve the September 16, 2008 Draft Language with three specific modifications.
- October 14, 2008 Draft Language reflecting the modifications to the September 16, 2008 Draft Language recommended by the Planning Commission.
Documents for September 22, 2008 Planning Commission Meeting Scheduled as Item #5 on the September Planning Commission agenda. Agenda and packet is available here.
- September 16, 2008 Memo to the Planning Commission summarizing public comment received and forwarding recommendations from planning staff and the Community Commission on Homelessness.
- September 16, 2008 Draft Language for the Planning Commission’s consideration. The draft language reflects the recommendations of the September 16, 2008 memo.
- Public comment received through September 16, 2008 from Organizations, Neighborhoods and Representatives as well as comment received from the General Public.
Documents for September 9, 2008 Community Commission on Homelessness Meeting
- September 3, 2008 Memo to the Community Commission on Homelessness summarizing public comment received and providing the commission possible options to address public comments with specific staff recommendations. Maps illustrating distance buffers from single-family residential land uses are included.
- Public comment received through September 2, 2008 from Organizations, Neighborhoods and Representatives as well as comment received from the General Public.
NOTE: The Planning Commission will consider the amendments at their September 22nd public meeting.
Archived Documents for August 12, 2008 City Commission Meeting
- Power Point Presentation on proposed amendment.
- Memo to City Commission outlining the recommendations of the Planning Commission.
- Revised Language reflecting the specific modifications recommended by the
Planning Commission. This is the most current and most recent version of the proposed language. All proposed new language is in bold, italic typeface. All proposed deleted language is shown as
- Staff Report Draft Language that was presented to Planning Commission on July 21.
If you have comments or suggestions on the proposed language, please contact
planner Scott McCullough.