On September 5, 2017, the Lawrence City Commission adopted a new Sign Code (Ordinance No. 9391), which became effective on September 11, 2017. The City of Lawrence Sign Code (Chapter 5-18 of the Lawrence City Code) establishes the goals and purpose for regulation of signs in Lawrence, and sets forth standards for permanent and temporary signs. Minor amendments to the new Sign Code were adopted on March 6, 2018 (Ordinance No. 9439).
- Sign Ordinance and Code – Chapter 5-18
- Sign Contractor Licensing Requirements (excerpt from Chapter 5-18)
- Permanent Sign Permit Application
- Temporary Sign Permit Application
- Sign Contractor License Application
Other Sign Code Information: