Flooding has been a well-documented issue in Lawrence. Most people understand the relationship between impervious surface and increased runoff. It’s also important to understand that our stormwater runoff contains high levels of pollutants that threaten the environment.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued regulations in 1999 that require the City of Lawrence to comply with the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) stormwater program.
- What is the NPDES?
- Learn about the NPDES stormwater program
Stormwater Pollution Prevention
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Ordinance
- View Lawrence’s Ordinance
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Stormwater Pollution FAQ
- Guide to Clean Water
- Household solutions to stormwater pollution
- Pressure Washing and Surface Cleaning
- Compliance guide
- Concrete washout, sawing, and dewatering
- Informational brochure
- Cigarette Litter Pollution
- Informational website