The Stormwater Engineering Division was created in 1996 to manage the stormwater utility and to implement other recommendations of the Stormwater Management Master Plan. Stormwater Utility fees are charged to all landowners based on impervious surfaces on each property. The resulting revenue supports system reconstruction projects, system maintenance, development review and pollution prevention measures.
- Stormwater Management Master Plan
- View the 1996 Stormwater Management Master Plan.
- Addendum to Stormwater Management Criteria
- View the 1996 Stormwater Management Criteria.
- North Lawrence Drainage Study, 2005
- View the 2005 North Lawrence Drainage Study.
- City of Lawrence Watershed Map
- View a map identifying the different watersheds with in the City of Lawrence.
- Baker Wetlands
- See maps of the different watersheds that drain into the Baker Wetlands.
- Revenue Summary
- View a summary of stormwater utility fees collected.
- Construction Projects
- Find out about stormwater construction projects in the Lawrence area.
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention
- Find out about stormwater pollution, what the City of Lawrence is doing to fight it, and what you can do to help.
- Flood Safety Tips
- Know your risk and know what to do in the event of a flood
- Kansas Stormwater Webpage
- Find out information on the Federal NPDES Phase II program and what you can do to keep our City’s stormwater clean.
- Take A Tour
- Take a self-guided tour of some stormwater information sites in Lawrence, or check out some recent photos.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Get answers to your questions about the stormwater program.
- Rain Barrel Resources
- Rain Barrel Instructions
- 2015 Rain Barrel Workshop
- How to Create a Rain Barrel
- Rain Garden Resources
- Rain Garden powerpoint presentation
- Rain Garden Resources, Kansas City
Yard waste and fall leaves