The City is reviewing options for how to regulate properties being used as short-term rentals (i.e. Airbnb, VRBO). Before bringing back a draft ordinance to the City Commission, the City would like to hear from stakeholders and community members. All feedback collected will help guide staff through the development of a short-term rental ordinance.
How to Participate
Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. at City HallView the Calendar Event
Send written testimony to the city by October 13, 2017Email Your Feedback
Frequently Asked Questions
- Whether STRs should be limited to certain zoning districts.
- Whether STRs should be licensed and what the fee should be to cover costs of regulating the use.
- Whether a STR must be owner-occupied to participate.
- Whether certain housing types are more appropriate than others to accommodate STRs.
- Whether STRs require an inspection to ensure that life-safety systems are present and maintained (similar to the rental inspection program).
- Whether existing occupancy limits should be maintained for STRs.
- Whether STRs should be limited to a certain number of rental times per year.
- Whether there should be a limit on the number of units owned by individuals or corporations.
- Whether there should be notice to neighbors of the establishment of a STR.
- Whether owners shall provide contact info to the city and neighbors to address nuisance complaints and other issues that may arise with STRs.
- Whether proof of insurance should be required to operate a STR.