The City of Lawrence recognizes that everyone needs to be able to travel around our community. The City works to create a transportation system that works for all people. This includes those who take public transportation, walk, and ride bikes as well as those who drive cars.
- Lawrence Transit Public Transportation: The City of Lawrence and University of Kansas work together to provide busses for the community. The busses are safe and convenient transportation for students and other residents.
- Regional Pedestrian Plan: The Regional Pedestrian Plan outlines a safe and easy-to-use pedestrian system in the region. This plan is the first pedestrian plan for Lawrence and surrounding communities.
- Bicycle Planning: Lawrence residents use bicycles to commute to work and to enjoy recreation. As a recognized Bicycle Friendly Community, Lawrence has great cycling opportunities. The City is updating existing services and planning for the future needs of cyclists.
- Complete Streets: The Complete Streets Policy guides construction of new streets in Lawrence. Complete Streets provide efficient and safe access for all users—pedestrians, bicyclists, motorists and transit riders—of all ages and abilities.
- Transportation Commission: The Lawrence Transportation Commission works to advance the health, safety, and welfare of all residents of the City of Lawrence through planning that includes all forms of transportation.