Spring Electronic Recycling Event – Saturday, May 19th, 2018
9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. at KU Park & Ride
The City of Lawrence invites residents and small businesses to recycle unused or obsolete electronic equipment. Electronic equipment may contain hazardous components such as lead, mercury and cadmium. Recycling your unwanted electronic equipment keeps these hazardous components out of the landfill.
Items accepted for recycling:
- Fax Machines
- Video and Audio Equipment
- Power Cables and String Lights
- VHS, Cassette Tapes, Floppy Discs
- CDs and DVDs, Vinyl Records
- Cell Phones and other Hand Held Devices
- Microwaves and other Small Appliances
* Recycling fee – CASH ONLY:
- $20.00 per CRT television 19″ and under
- $40.00 per CRT television 20″ and over
Items NOT accepted:
- Large Appliances (Refrigerators, AC Units, Dehumidifiers)
- To request a residential special item pickup service for large appliances, please fill out this online form.
- Hazardous Waste (Fluorescent Light Bulbs, Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors, Compressed Gas Cylinders)
- Contact the Solid Waste Division at (785) 832-3032 to schedule a drop-off appointment at the City of Lawrence/Douglas County Household Hazardous Waste Facility.
- Looking for paper shredding services this spring? Check out our list of Spring 2018 Community Paper Shredding Events.
Electronic recycling at this event will be provided by Teknix Solutions.
Click here to read the 2017 Spring Electronic Recycling Event.
Previous Event Totals (2008-2017)
The numbers in the table below reflect totals from two electronic recycling events per year. Included is the total weight of electronics collected and the number of vehicles that participated each year. In parenthesis are totals from events that also collected paper for shredding.