Spring Electronic Recycling Event – Saturday, May 20th
9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. at KU Park & Ride
Rain or Shine Event
DATE: Saturday, May 20th
TIME: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
LOCATION: KU Park & Ride East Parking Lot (Clinton Pkwy & Crestline Dr)
Electronic recycling at this event will be provided by Asset LifeCycle.
Items accepted for recycling:
- Fax Machines
- Video and Audio Equipment
- Cell Phones and other Hand Held Devices
- Microwaves and other Small Appliances
* Recycling fee (Cash or Checks ONLY):
- $20.00 per CRT television & computer monitor (all sizes, includes rear projection & consoles)
- No charge for other electronics
Items NOT accepted:
- Large Appliances (Refrigerators, AC Units, Dehumidifiers)
- To request a residential special item pickup service for large appliances, please fill out this online form.
- VHS tapes and CDs
- Hazardous Waste (Fluorescent Light Bulbs, Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors, Compressed Gas Cylinders)
- Call 832-3030 to schedule a drop-off appointment at the City of Lawrence/Douglas County Household Hazardous Waste Facility.
Click here to read the Fall 2016 Electronic Recycling Event Report.
Previous Event Totals (2008-2016)
The numbers in the table below reflect totals from two electronic recycling events per year. Included is the total weight of electronics collected and the number of vehicles that participated each year. In parenthesis are totals from events that also collected paper for shredding.