The compost and woodchips are not intended for commercial applications, but rather for the citizens of Lawrence. For residential use only.
SPRING COMPOST & WOODCHIP SALE EVENT
- Thursday through Saturday, March 22, 23, & 24, 8:00am-3:00pm
- Location: 1420 E 11th Street – east of 11th & Haskell Avenue, over the railroad tracks
- The City will load trucks and trailers.
- Cost: $10 per bucket load (1 bucket load = 2 cubic yards). CASH ONLY.
- Bring a tarp to secure material and prevent littering on the roadway.
- This event is held RAIN OR SHINE.
SATURDAY COMPOST & WOODCHIP SALES
- Every Saturday, Beginning March – mid-December, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Location: 1420 E. 11th Street which is east of 11th and Haskell Avenue, over the railroad tracks
- Compost and woodchips are for SELF LOAD ONLY.
- Self-load except the FIRST SATURDAYS of each month (April-October) the city will load truck and trailers (no ladder racks).
- Pick-up truck or trailer loads will be $10 per load and small quantities will be free. CASH only.
- Please bring a shovel (Personal motorized loading equipment such as a skid steer are not allowed). This sale will be during scheduled brush drop-off hours.
What is Compost?
Compost consists of decayed organic matter and has been proven to be extremely successful as a natural soil amendment. Lawrence Community Compost is made from the yard trimmings and small woody debris collected curbside on Monday mornings, as well as grass clippings, leaves, and woody debris from some commercial lawn care providers.
What is Mulch?
Mulch is a material used to cover the soil. Most mulches are organic (woodchips, unfinished compost, straw) but inorganics such as lava rock or limestone can add an appealing, low maintenance touch. Good mulch conserves water by reducing moisture evaporation from the soil. The woodchips the City sells are made from tree materials brought in from residential and commercial sources. Note: Woodchips may contain Emerald Ash Borer. Transportation within counties quarantined for Emerald Ash Borer is okay. Do not transport woodchips outside of the listed quarantined counties: Atchison, Doniphan, Douglas, Jefferson, Johnson, Leavenworth and Wyandotte.