- Drop off yard waste at the Compost Facility on Saturdays. For details, click here.
- Set out yard waste at the curb or alley for Solid Waste Division crews to collect. Details below.
Yard Waste Collection Service (guidelines took effect May 1, 2017)
- Weekly collection on same day as the customer’s trash day. Set out by 6:00 a.m.
- Year-round collection (as winter weather permits).
- Approved set-out containers: compostable paper yard waste bags and 95-gallon brown yard waste carts sold by the City.
- Compostable yard waste bags are strong, double-ply paper bags with a “wet strength” meant specifically for yard waste. They are usually 30 gallons capacity and sold in packs of five, available at local retailers.
- 95-gallon brown yard waste carts specifically designed with vents to prevent strong odors from stored yard waste materials are available for purchase from the City (online purchase form). Payment options: $60 one-time fee, $10 per month for 6 months, and $5 per month for 12 months. Fee added on customer’s City utility bill and the cart is delivered to the residence. The City will provide cart maintenance as needed.
- Bundles of brush also accepted. Must not exceed 5 feet in length and 18 inches in diameter and must not weigh more than 65 pounds. Bundles must be tied with string or twine (no wire, duct tape, etc.).
- Do not place yard waste in plastic bags, green trash carts, blue recycling carts, or in personal cans/carts.
View the holiday collection schedule here.