Roll-off services are available for high volume waste generators. Roll-off containers are ideal for commercial, industrial, and construction-demolition sites, and for peak volume generation events (such as move-in and move-out for residential complexes).
Allowed and prohibited materials
Allowed materials for roll-off services include typical and allowable municipal solid waste, construction and demolition materials, and so on. Demolition material, dirt, concrete, rock, gravel, and other heavy materials cannot be loaded to full volume capacity of container due to weight limitations for the hauling vehicles.
Prohibited materials include tires, paint, chemicals, hazardous waste, refrigerators, air conditioners, or other items containing freon. Information on disposal of these objects or chemicals may be obtained from the Solid Waste Supervisor.
Description and Rates – 2017-18
|Size (cy)||Rental fee||Pick-up fee||Deposit||Dimensions (est)||+ Landfill|
|12 c.y.||$68.50||$91.40||$91.40||12’x8’x3′||$29.93 / ton|
|14 c.y.||$68.50||$99.00||$99.00||12’x8’x4′||$29.93 / ton|
|16 c.y.||$75.80||$102.60||$102.60||12’x8’x5′||$29.93 / ton|
|20 c.y.||$83.00||$148.85||$148.85||22’x8’x4′||$29.93 / ton|
|30 c.y.||$97.00||$181.85||$181.85||22’x8’x6′||$29.93 / ton|
|40 c.y.||$97.00||$214.85||$214.85||22’x8’x7′||$29.93 / ton|
|Pay your roll-off service bill online with a Visa, Discover or MasterCard. The City of Lawrence uses Paymentus to process credit card payments online, as well as over the telephone. To pay with a Visa, Discover or MasterCard by telephone call (877) 506-3115.|
Payments made through Paymentus may take up to three business days to be posted to your account. NOTE: If you desire to pay more than $2000, you will need to process more than one payment.
Notes on Fees
- Customers pay minimum of rental and one pick up per calendar month.
- If two pick ups are provided within a calendar month, the monthly rental fee will be waived (not applicable on compactor units).
- If container is on site less than 5 calendar days, monthly rental fee will be waived.
- An additional charge of $53.00 will be added if container is blocked or overloaded when pick up is requested.
- If a container is on site for two months with no pick ups scheduled, the Solid Waste Division reserves the right to bring in the container and charge the customer accordingly.