View the current traffic in town on the Lawrence Traffic Cameras page.
Multimodal Transportation Commission
Established via Ordinance 9722, the Multimodal Transportation Commission works to advance the health, safety, and welfare of all residents of the City of Lawrence through strong multimodal transportation planning. Multimodal transportation planning facilitates access to transportation for all residents of the community and has been shown to be an effective tool in reducing energy dependency and traffic congestion.
- Agendas, Minutes, Roster
- TC19-001: Non-Motorized Projects Prioritization Policy (PDF)
- Resolution 7271: Complete Streets Policy (PDF)
- Resolution 7272: Neighborhood Traffic Management Program (PDF)
- Traffic Safety Commission Agenda & Minutes (Pre-2017)
- NACTO Urban Street Design Guide
- NACTO Urban Bikeway Design Guide
- Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices
- Roundabout Informational Video
Transportation 2040 represents the best attempts by residents, local governments, and planners to develop a vision for a healthy, safe, and efficient transportation system that will adequately serve Lawrence and Douglas County to the year 2040 and beyond.