Municipal Services and Operations provides 24/7 response to customer calls by providing the following phone number for all inquires, emergencies, and administrative needs (except billing questions):
For Billing Questions:
In Lawrence, we take water quality very seriously and proactively take measures to ensure your water is safe. To learn more about lead, click here.
To provide an adequate supply of clean, safe drinking water and properly return this precious resource back to the environment so that its life-sustaining properties can be used for generations to come.
The Division of Utilities is responsible for the following:
- Treating and distributing the City’s drinking water.
- Maintaining adequate water supply for fire protection.
- Collecting and treating the City’s wastewater.
- Assuring compliance with all Federal, State, and local regulations regarding water and wastewater facility operations.
- Ensuring optimum operation of the water distribution and sanitary sewer collection systems.
Establish, Transfer, or Disconnect Water Service or Questions about Your Utility Bill
To establish, transfer, or disconnect your water service or questions about your utility bill, contact the Utility Billing division at 832-7878 or submit your service request online at https://lawrenceks.org/utility-billing/service_request/