- Effective Governance & Professional Administration
- Safe, Healthy & Welcoming Neighborhoods
- Innovative Infrastructure & Asset Management
- Commitment to Core Services
- Sound Fiscal Stewardship
- Collaborative Solutions
- Economic Growth and Security
Annual Budget Process
City staff begins the budget preparation in early February. In May staff presented a proposed Capital Improvement Plan. In June the City Manager presented his recommended budget to the City Commission. During this time and throughout the following months feedback was collected and adjustments were made as necessary. In July staff brought forward updated revenue projections and the budget was adopted in August.
The budget calendar that was used during the 2019 budget process can be found here.
Upcoming Budget Meetings
- May 8: Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) Presentation
- June 12: City Manager’s Recommended Budget Presentation
- July 10: Budget with Updated Revenue Projections Presentation
- July 17: Establish Maximum Expenditures and Authorize Publication of the 2019 Budget
- August 7: Public Hearing
- August 14: Budget Adoption
The budget process involves many constituents. The City will use Lawrence Listens to collect feedback about budget priorities. The findings will be presented to the City Commission at a future work session. As more details are available, they will be posted here.
Additionally, feedback can be provided at future budget meetings through public comment or by submitting written comments through our regular agenda process.
Outside Agency Funding
Each year, the City provides an opportunity for outside agencies to submit funding requests as part of the budget process. The application to request funding for 2019 is now closed. The Social Service Funding Advisory Board, Public Incentives Review Committee, and City staff will review the submitted applications and include recommendations as part of the City Manager’s Recommended Budget. The final funding decisions will be made by the City Commission when they adopt the 2019 budget in August. Here is a full list of outside agency requests.