- City Attorney
- The City Attorney provides legal support to city staff and elected officials by responding to requests for legal opinions, preparing legal documents, negotiating contracts and providing legal training to city employees.
The City Prosecutor, Human Relations, and Municipal Court are divisions of the City Attorney.
- City Auditor
- The City Auditor examines and evaluates the activities of the city to help the City Commissioners effectively discharge their duties. The City Auditor conducts performance audits following Government Auditing Standards, but does not prepare the annual audit of city finances.
- City Manager
- Administration of policies established by the City Commission and coordination of City departments. Adviser to the City Commission on City service operations. The Lawrence Transit System is a division of the City Manager’s office
- Purchasing, financial management, payroll, meter reading, water billing and collection. Customers can establish, transfer, or stop residential utility services online.
2nd floor, City Hall
- Fire Medical, Lawrence-Douglas County
- Hazardous materials, various rescue operations, medical response countywide. Fire and life safety inspection and prevention services in City.
1911 Stewart Ave.
- Information Technology
- Promotion and maintenance of technologies to deliver information and services to City departments and Lawrence citizens.
3rd floor, City Hall
- Parks & Recreation
- Recreational programs, maintenance and operation of parks, open spaces, landscaping, urban forestry, cemeteries, swimming pools, golf course, nature and recreation centers.
1141 Mass. St.
- Planning & Development Services
- The Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Office is responsible for the administration of city land use regulations and professional planning advice to the Lawrence City Commission, Douglas County Commission, Planning Commission and various committees. The Development Services division handles code enforcement, neighborhood support and provision of housing related services through the Community Development Block Grants, HOME Investment Partnerships Program and emergency shelter grants.
The Lawrence – Douglas County Metropolitan Planning Organization is a transportation policy-making organization in which federal funding for transportation projects and programs are channeled through.
- Comprehensive police services including law enforcement and training, crime prevention and criminal investigations. Supervision of animal control, school crossing guards and parking enforcement in downtown.
|Evidence, IT, Patrol & Records|
2nd floor, Law Enforcement Center
111 E. 11th
|Investigations & Training Center, Office of the Chief|
4820 Bob Billings Parkway
- Public Works
- Engineering services, mapping, maintenance of streets and storm water infrastructure, Lawrence Municipal Airport, building and facility management including the downtown parking garages, fleet management, traffic signals and signs, and solid waste services.
- Provision of safe and clean drinking water to the City and safe return of waste waters to the environment.
1400 E. 8th St.