Lawrence's Green Business Leaders Program
The City of Lawrence is working to reduce energy use in our buildings to save money for taxpayers and help meet our sustainability goals. Lawrence’s businesses are key partners in this effort.
The Green Business Leaders Program provides access to educational programs and tools businesses can use to save energy and cut their operating costs.
Green Business Leaders:
- Learn how to slash their energy costs,
- Make improvements to their buildings that save energy and money,
- Earn recognition as a Green Business Leader in our community,
- Assist the community in meeting our greenhouse gas reduction targets.
- Participating businesses attend workshops on:
- Business-friendly energy efficiency programs, rebates, and incentives.
- Proven energy efficiency solutions: Lighting and HVAC quick-wins.
- How to track your business’s energy usage..
- Participants receive an energy assessment, a building-specific study that helps target where their business can save.
- Participants commit to share lessons learned from the assessment and complete the recommended energy improvement projects.
- Businesses are recognized for energy savings achievements.
Read case studies of 2013 Green Business Leaders:
Interested in joining the next Green Business Leaders Class? Questions?
Eileen Horn, Sustainability Coordinator